[G4] Looking for a source

Stefan Daehler gesar at tiscali.ch
Tue Aug 29 06:31:12 PDT 2006

Dear list-members,

best thanks for all your suggestions and, please, forgive me for my
late reply. (I've simply been too busy these last days to care about
this matter.)

@ Frank Sudore: I checked Moniserv, but they do not have the required
part. Thanks anyway.

@ Nate: Would have loved to have a look at Preowned.com, however you
only get access to their stuff if you become a member. To become a
member, you first have to call their sales department, which again
seemed a bit complicated to me (I live in Switzerland). So, for the
time being, I decided not to follow this track.

@ Jo Hissel: I sent an e-mail to Blackbox inquiring wether they could
help me (were cool - they are in nearby Zurich). Anyway, I doubt wether
I'm right there. According to the directories this is a film company.
Well, let's see wether they reply.

@ JayB:

> On Aug 21, 2006, at 11:55 PM, Stefan Daehler wrote:
>
>> Dear list-members,
>>
>> I have a first-generation LCD Studio Display (15", DVI) with a
>> powercord broken within the all-in-one cabling-set. I'd like to keep
>> the monitor (as a kind of collectors-item) but Apple dropped support
>> for this model. Also, looking around for several weeks, I could not
>> find any replacement.
>>
>> Somebody knows of a source for this part?
>>
>> Best thanks in advance!     Steff

> Not sure but-  will this thing work?  I have 2 of them.  Here's a
> picture of it:
>
> http://www.jbrousseau.com/images/AppleConv.jpg

Your cable looks  exactly as the one I'm looking for. Does it really
have a DVI video-connector? I can not make out clearly from the
picture, but it could be VGA as well.

Thanks again for caring.     Steff