[G4] Help needed on G4 after power surge

Michael England michaelengland at gmail.com
Thu Jun 1 08:19:27 PDT 2006

On that note. If you are, and you should, going to purchase a power
surge protector also look into APC as well. They are a good brand and
you will need to purchase a battery back-up with surge protection and a
voltage regulator. So many people get there equipment fried from not
protecting there investments. Don't waste money on crappy surge
protectors. I got mine brand new on Ebay for $40.00 and it retails for
$100.00. It has enough capacity to keep my computer, monitor, and a few
small external devices on for a enough time hour after power failure and
it protects my cable line to my router as well.

For comparison and a general idea:
http://www.apc.com/resource/include/techspec_index.cfm?base_sku=BE725BB

Try another monitor    &    Should you have TechTool Pro and try that to
see if it can diagnose the card would be my best suggestion. Other wise
I would say it may have gotten zapped due to the timing of it working +
surge = not working. Hopefully nothing else in the computer did as well.
Taking it to a tech to look at my cost you a bit, but may not. Call
around your area and ask.