[G4] Linksys network problem

Daniel Brieck Jr. djbrieck at mac.com
Thu Jun 1 13:17:30 PDT 2006

David,

Has this problem just started or has it been doing this since day 1
of using the wireless with the Linksys?

If it is something that just happened out of the blue try unplugging
the Linksys for about a minute and then plug it back it and see if it
fixes it. I know that my linksys after being on for a long time
requires this un-plug step when it starts acting goofy. Just
yesterday my router would not let my laptop connect to the internet,
but all the wired systems were working, so i enable disabled wireless
and got it working again. It must have gone crazy with the heat... So
there are little tricks and tedious steps that have to be taken
sometimes to keep these things running correctly. Also you might want
to check for a firmware update for the router to see if it might
address an issue that you are having.

If it is happening from day 1, try going through the wireless
settings on the router and laptop to make sure they are correct.

Hope this helps, lets us know how it goes...

Daniel J. Brieck Jr.