[G4] Re: CPU upgrade?

Richard M. Kriss rmkriss at sbcglobal.net
Thu Oct 12 03:29:13 PDT 2006

Brian,

My old G4-450 AGP was getting pretty slow and lethargic a few years ago. To
buy some time, I ordered an inexpensive 1 GHz processor upgrade from OWC and
it has been working perfect for over two years.  The only draw back to the
OWC Mercury upgrade is you can hear the fan. The stock G4 450 did not have a
CPU fan.  I consider the fan noise a small price to pay for the added
performance.  The upgrade made an old Mac useful and used.  I have the money
but don't want the aggravation associated with changing to a new iMac.