[G4] Tiger upgrade

lriv2264 at aim.com lriv2264 at aim.com
Sat May 5 14:16:51 PDT 2007

 I have a G4 that I'm trying to upgrade to OS X Tiger. I have two new SATA drives connected to a PCI SATA host adapter. I install Tiger to one of the drives and everything seems to install fine. When the machine restarts however, the installer starts again and I can't eject the dvd from the drive. To remove the dvd, I reconnected the old hard drive ( with os x 10.3 on it ) and removed it. I then went to the startup disk in system preferences and tried to start the machine with the new os x. But on restart, all I get is a folder that blinks with a picture of the finder in it. Please help me boot into my new os ! Thanks.