[G4] Startup chime but no dice!

Jay E. Krauss Jr jekrauss at charter.net
Tue Nov 6 11:11:05 PST 2007

Jeff,
	You only need the keyboard attached to the MDD while actually
booting, so you could disconnect your keyboard from the G5, attach it
to the MDD, boot the MDD into Firewire Target, then disconnect the
keyboard from the MDD and reattach to the G5. Since you don't have
"video out" from the MDD, you will not be able to tell by seeing the
Firewire symbol on your MDD attached monitor when the process has
occurred; however, it has been my experience that the process occurs
fairly quickly, so if you boot the MDD and keep the "T" button
depressed for a minute, that should be more than enough time for the
process to occur (providing it does at all).
Jay