[G4] RE: Testing HD functionality and G4 size limitations

Patrick J. Runcie macandlinuxuser at gmail.com
Tue Oct 2 13:47:41 PDT 2007

The only way around the limitation is to purchase a 3rd party i/o card and
install the drive on it.  You should be able to boot from it.  I have a
similar setup on a 2001 Quicksilver, a 250gb SATA drive using a SATA i/o
card.  I also still use the original IDE ports with (2) 120gb 7200rpm WD
drives in RAID 0, for backup.

Pat