[G4] RE: Testing HD functionality and G4 size limitations

John Niven senseamp at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 2 14:38:22 PDT 2007

It's not the only way. I have 160Gb disk in my G4
Gigabit. Disk Utility only saw 128Gb - so that's what
I used. I have not had any problems with it. These
days Gb are so cheap I don't fret about the 32Gb I'm
missing. I'd rather have a brand new drive I can rely
on, than old small one.

So I believe you should be able to "see" at least
128Gb of the drive before you format it. I was unable
to see any way to "partition the drive into two".

I think I only paid $60 for 128Gb (plus 32Gb wasted
:-)

BTW raid0 is a stripe across two drives. That means
that if one drive fails you lose all your backup. I'm
not sure that's the best choice for a backup!

John

--- "Patrick J. Runcie" <macandlinuxuser at gmail.com>