[G4] SCSI to Firewire adapters on scanners

Skygram skygram at gmail.com
Fri Feb 15 21:57:57 PST 2008

Kathi,

Thank you for your input. It is encouraging. The reason why I am asking
questions about the adapters is that I am hesitant in spending the bucks to
update this scanner even though it is a great product that has not been used
to excess and it is in wonderful shape for a seven year old unit. I tend to
baby my hardware and it has usually paid off. The adapter, along with a few
other gadgets will cost me in the vicinity of $200.00 in order for me to do
this! So it is a calculated risk. Why not just buy a new scanner, I ask
myself.

At any rate, I use VueScan Professional, as the old Agfa software stopped
functioning long ago. I just went to the VueScan web site and it supports
both of your scanners. I too have that Nikon CoolScan LS-2000 and both work
perfectly well with their professional version of their scanner software. It
is worth checking out. I think it cost me about $99 bucks.

http://www.hamrick.com/index.html

They also offer a free trial and limitless future upgrades. It is a first
class product.

Thanks again,

Bill
Montreal