[G4] installing OSX on external firewire

Bill Disney superatoris at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 1 18:48:10 PDT 2008

How do you install OSX (Panther) on an external Firewire hard drive? I'm running a G4 Quicksilver 1 Ghz DP/10.5.2/1.5 RAM and need to run Disk Warrior (4.1). I've read Alsoft's material and although they mention using a second computer to target as startup I do not have a 2nd computer and must rely upon an external Firewire HD. That said I cannot get my Quicksilver to recognize the FW HD to install Panther so I can boot the FW w/DWarrior on it so I can run DiskWarrior on the primary HD 10.5.2.