[G4] Slooooow Firefox load

James Edwards jedwards at mail.sdsu.edu
Fri Sep 5 15:22:22 PDT 2008

I have these 6 MAC's that are having a problem loading Firefox. Clicking
on the icon in the Dock and it "bounces" about 5-7 times then stops.
about 30 seconds later the menu bar at the top of the screen shows a
single item "Firefox". After about another minute, the full Firefox menu
bar shows up. After another minute or so, the Firefox Browser window
finally shows up. After that browsing appears normal. The entire load
process can take 2-3 minutes. Safari loads in about 20 seconds, and all
other programs load normally.

I tried re-loading Firefox, no solution. On one machine, I removed every
trace of Firefox I could find including the preferences etc. Didn't help.

Any Ideas?

THANKS!!

Jim