[G4] Slooooow Firefox load

Eric Wood ewood at izoom.net
Fri Sep 5 16:27:12 PDT 2008

Am 05.09.2008 um 17:22 schrieb James Edwards:

> I have these 6 MAC's that are having a problem loading Firefox.
> Clicking on the icon in the Dock and it "bounces" about 5-7 times
> then stops. about 30 seconds later the menu bar at the top of the
> screen shows a single item "Firefox". After about another minute,
> the full Firefox menu bar shows up. After another minute or so, the
> Firefox Browser window finally shows up. After that browsing
> appears normal. The entire load process can take 2-3 minutes.
> Safari loads in about 20 seconds, and all other programs load
> normally.
>
> I tried re-loading Firefox, no solution. On one machine, I removed
> every trace of Firefox I could find including the preferences etc.
> Didn't help.
>
> Any Ideas?
>
> THANKS!!
>
> Jim

Also including the folder for it in Application Support? That's an
odd problem, and especially on 6 separate Macs. Are they all
identical in terms of the installed system, having been ghosted from
one image, for instance? Did they all act up at once, and when
exactly did it begin with each of them? Was it a Firefox 2 -> 3
upgrade issue?

Eric W.