[G4] Slooooow Firefox load

Harry Freeman gifutiger at gmail.com
Fri Sep 5 17:53:20 PDT 2008

Greetings Jim ( + )!( + )

One of the first things that I would do is open the application
"Activitity Monitor" which should be located in your "Application/
Utility" folder. This application will let you know your "CPU, System
Memory, Disk Activity, Disk Usage and Network" activity. Using this
application will let you know it you have run out of memory and
started using virtual memory.

It sound to me like you have started using virtual memory because
thing start happening very slowly, and you may not have a lot of
vertual memory. OSX blocks off some of your disk space for virtual
memory, however if the operating system or installed data needs more
disk space the OS will start giving virtual memory (disk space) for
other use.

I would also suggest that you get a copy of application "AppZapper"
which is rated as one of the best for removing installed software.

You could also take a look at the "Console" log files to find out what
is happening.

Best regards,

Harry
San Jose, Ca.