[G4] Safari crashes at launch

Steve Jensen sjensen at photodynamik.com
Mon Sep 8 07:42:41 PDT 2008

Hi Folks,
Yesterday, Safari 1.3.2 started crashing at every launch attempt. I
tried a restart, fixed disk & permissions with Disk Utility, ran
Cocktail, and rebuilt the directory with Disk Warrior.  I tried to
launch between each utility but no luck. I created a new account and
restarted, nothing.  Permissions, caches, and anything else Safari I
could think of were dumped, still zilch. I tried to dump the plug-ins
from the smbl folded, but could only find one, taboo, and that didn't
help.  Only Finder was running during each test launch.
Any help would be appreciated.

This is on a G4 AGP 400, OSX.3.9, 1.25Gb ram, 120 & 70 Gb HDD, lots of
other stuff.

tia,
  --
Steve Jensen