[G4] Was Sonnet G4 upgrade now Quicksilver breakdown

nagable at comcast.net nagable at comcast.net
Sat Sep 13 20:15:28 PDT 2008

This solution has worked on G4 Digital Audio models.  Open the case and remove the battery.  (Check the battery voltage and be sure it has at least 3v -- if it has less, replace it before going any further.)

Press the PMU (power management unit) button (the little round one) with the eraser on a pencil -- hold it down for about a second.  Wait about 10 minutes, then replace the battery.  Close up the case and try again.  If it still doesn't start, open the case and press the chip again, quickly.  Then try again.

Good luck.

Nate

From: "Kathi Anderson" <kathialexis at cox.net>