[G4] Re: G4 Digest, Vol 48, Issue 6

Lee Perry lee.leeperry.perry at gmail.com
Mon Sep 15 17:19:49 PDT 2008

Hi, I have a G4 Dual 800 that has no on-line capacity at this point.
When I copy a music cd in ITunes, I need to manually type in the song
title, group and album name, etc. However when I do this invariably
the first track loses all typed text info, and other tracks lose
either track title, ablum name, group, etc. So this sort of memory
loss in ITunes is one of the quirks of this machine.
Another issue is the inability to watch a dvd movie for longer than
approx. 10 minutes before the DVD player program crashes and needs to
be quit and reopened.
Also I have problems with the attention span of Word and IPhoto, which
both have a short operating length of time.
I received this machine from a friend who knows my frustration typing
on a small G3 iBook. He claims its a problem with the fan, but I have
the tower in a cool environment.
Do any or all of these issues (iTunes, Word, iPhoto, and DVD player)
sound familiar to you techies who might have a background of this
type? Thanks for your help. Tom