[G4] Re: monitor gone yellow

Margaret Krakowiak imago at bellsouth.net
Tue Sep 16 20:36:18 PDT 2008

Thanks for all the replies and thoughts on my
yellow monitor problem! It came back to normal,
changed again once or twice more during the day,
is normal now.
I'm leaning towards a cable problem, as I recall having
some other issues a while back which were solved by
reseating, wiggling, etc. That said, the monitor is pretty
old, so I guess it could be something with the monitor
itself. I guess I will be monitoring the situation ;->

If I do end up being in the market for a new monitor,
I'll have to do a little research, as I'm pretty fussy about
mine. A friend of mine who's also an artist has an LCD,
and it's a far cry from mine in graphic clarity. It seems
much more "pixelated" when viewing shadows and tones,
and that has given me a bit of the heebie-jeebies about
LCDs. But hers may just not be a very good one, and it's
a few years old, maybe they're better now.

And indeed, red and green do make yellow, heh, I forget
we're talking about light here, not pigments.

margaret