[G4] MDD G4 has some quirks

B G briang113 at pacbell.net
Fri Sep 19 10:20:46 PDT 2008

The power button can break down it is more than a simple button. there
is a small PC board behind it if I remember correctly.

Apple monitor power button should work, I am not sure about the old
imac keyboard button.

I sounds like you have a "Wind-Tunnel" machine, Apple had a
replacement program for the Power supplies and fans in these models
because of the noise.   You can try replacing the main fan, But i
think the design of the air flow also created noise issues.

It should handle the 2 Gigs of RAM

RAM Type: PC2700 DDR
Minimum RAM Speed: 333 MHz
RAM slots: 4
Maximum RAM: 2.0 GB

Try swapping the sticks around to see if you have a bad stick or a bad
slot

You can add an eject button to your menu bar:

Macintosh HD > System > Library > CoreServices > Menu Extras
Double-click on the file named "Eject.menu" and an eject button eject
icon will appear  in your menu bar.

Never used CS so can't help you

Brian

G4 gigE 1.0 GHz Powerlogix, 1 GB RAM