G4 Digest, Vol 49, Issue 10, Re: [G4] FW: G4 Disk Capacity Limit - Real or Logical?

Luke Rademacher lz4broc at gmail.com
Tue Sep 23 09:31:08 PDT 2008

Shopdog.

I have both a 100MB Zip drive and a 250MB Zip drive. I have not used
either in almost 3 years. Why? because USB Flash Drives hold 10x more
at a fraction of the cost.

Get yourself a USB2 PCI card and put in your Mac. Then goto almost
any Retail store and buy a 1GB , 2GB, or even a 4GB USB2 Flash drive
for LESS than $30.
The USB Flash Drive does not require a Power Supply, can be used on
both Mac OSX and Windows XP/Vista, And the Flash Drive is more
durable. I once accidentally left a USB Flash Drive in my jeans and
it went through the Wash. After a few days drying it was back in
action with no data loss.

Two days ago at Walmart of all places I saw 2GB SanDisk USB2 Cruzer
Flash Drive for $18. I bought three!

So, Back up everything on your Zip Disks to a couple CD's or one DVD.
Then yank out that Zip Drive and make use of that bay for a HD.

Good Luck no matter what you do,

Luke Rademacher
Liquid Zone Graphics
Mac mini 2.0Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo, 3GB RAM, 80GB HD, Combo DVD/CDRW,
Mac OSX Leopard 10.5.5, ext NewerTech miniStack w/ 320GB HD.
MDD Dual 1.25Ghz G4, 2GB RAM, 250GB/120GB/80GB HD's, 16x DL DVD±R/RW
Superdrive, Mac OSX Tiger 10.4.11, Classic Mac OS 9.2.2.
External 1TB HD FireWire 400
Intel Celeron 2GHz, 1GB RAM, 80GB HD, Ubuntu Linux 8.04
5.5th gen 80GB Enhanced Video iPod
Canon CanoScan 8400F
Canon Pixma iP4500