[G4] Re: Re: MDD G4 has some quirks

Kevin Walsh walsh_kevin_t at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 24 19:40:39 PDT 2008

response to all responders
About the MDD I posted
power button does push in pretty easy on the upper left. odd, but looks low on list of upgrade priorities.
was able to upgrade to 2 Gigs of RAM.  Got 3 of the seemingly similar sticks all from this one online dealer - one of them payed an evil trick and would play dead if one of 4 but would show itself if one of three.  Silly Borg and their odd numbers.
wind tunnel, yeah heard of that one - never thought it was that bad.  at least there's enough horse power to run my music.
cd tray - F12 - awesome, thanks for the many who suggested that one.  just disabled dashboard's keyboard shortcut. hate dashboard.
Someone mentioned Abode CS3 likes a healthy serving of 64MB VRAM. My sys prof shows it's there.  think i'll just go for it.
appreciate it, folks - Kevin