[G4] weird printer problem

Al Poulin alpoulin at cox.net
Fri Sep 26 13:41:41 PDT 2008

Margaret:

You've provided a nicely complete problem statement.

If you have note already done this, shut down for several minutes and
then start up.

Possibly you need to shut down and then start up with a four finger
salute to reset the PRAM.   Here is Apple's description in a Help
file:  "Shut down your computer. Turn the computer back on and
immediately hold down Command-Option-P-R, continuing to press until
you hear the startup sound for the second time. This resets the
computer’s parameter random-access memory (PRAM)."  Sometimes, this
works only after hearing the bong three, four, or five times, but try
two first.

Next item would be to get a fresh printer driver from the Canon web
site.  Go through the printer setup.  I'm not sure where this is with
Tiger, either in the Applications>Utilities folder or in System
Preferences.

Good luck,
Al Poulin