[G4] weird printer problem

Margaret Krakowiak imago at bellsouth.net
Fri Sep 26 11:06:54 PDT 2008

My setup: G4 450 DP gig ethernet running 10.4.6

Today I tried printing something from Photoshop and
my printer utility popped up with "error 300: printer not responding,
make sure printer is connected and turned on". (It's a Canon i960).
It's connected directly to my computer via a USB port. It is turned on.
I tried printing from Preview, same thing. Then I printed a nozzle check
from the printer utility, and that worked fine, I could hear the printer
testing nozzles, etc, and then it printed out. To me, this would
indicate
that the printer is communicating with my computer, no? So why can't
I print?

What I've done so far: rebooted, repaired permissions, checked in
system utilities to make sure the printer was selected. All ok.

The only thing I did recently was to replace my pram battery. I got
this computer in '99, and it was still the original battery. I was
having
no problems, but I thought it must be time. That went without a hitch, I
swapped out the battery, and hit the cuda switch. That was a week ago
and
all has been well. (The only reason I mention it is because I haven't
printed
anything since before I did that.)

Any ideas? I'm at a loss as to what the problem could be.

margaret