[G4] weird printer problem

Kathi Anderson kathialexis at cox.net
Sat Sep 27 13:31:12 PDT 2008

I have had the same problem. I was able to print fine and then not. I am
also using the same OS as you on a 733 QuickSilver Mac. My printer is
networked 4600 HP.

When something like this happens and you find out others are having the same
problem, I suspect a recent upgrade from Apple. On my machine, my dialogue
when I go to printers and faxes tells me Apple Talk has been disabled.
Trouble is, when the pop up telling me that Apple Talk is disabled comes up,
I am unable to click the box to enable it. When I figure it out I will let
you know.

Kathi

My setup: G4 450 DP gig ethernet running 10.4.6

Today I tried printing something from Photoshop and

my printer utility popped up with "error 300: printer not responding,

make sure printer is connected and turned on".