[G4] Anyone here???

Amir 'CG' Caspi cepheid at ssl.berkeley.edu
Mon Sep 29 18:01:22 PDT 2008

Brian and all,

	So, this brings to mind an important question.  I acquired a
Radeon 9800 Pro 256MB card, the one with DDR2 RAM; it is a PC card.
There does not appear to be an equivalent Mac card with these
specifications.  On themacelite.wikidot.com, there is a single firmware
for the DDR2-memory card, and it was hacked together by a user (Arti).
	Has anyone used the Arti firmware to flash a DDR2 Radeon 9800 Pro
from PC to Mac?  I may have fried my card using this firmware, because
it's no longer even recognized in the AGP slot, so I'll be trying to
resurrect it in a borrowed PC... hopefully that will succeed.
	Had I gotten a non-DDR2 card I probably would have had more
success since all of the other firmwares are for DDR (not DDR2) cards...
this one is unique, which either makes it very easy or very difficult to
get to work (and so far, I'm leaning towards very difficult).

If anyone has experience flashing the DDR2 card to Mac (specific model
number is GC-R9800PRO-D3), please share...

(Yes, I desoldered the appropriate resistors.  The card was functional and
was recognized by the Mac, but with scrambled video due to the wrong
firmware... it only "died" after my attempt to flash the "correct"
firmware.  Hopefully it can be resurrected.)

Thanks!
						--- Amir