[G4] G4 Sawtooth/Tiger Install

Bill Coan gwcoan at gmail.com
Sun Feb 15 11:54:40 PST 2009

Hi all,

I am a recent novice Mac user having baught a G4 "Sawtooth" only several
months ago. I have done quite a bit of reading about
upgrades and have taken a couple of simple steps on my own (I'm not a novice
to computers as a whole and am not squeamish
about opening one up and doing some basic renovating).

I have upgraded the memory to a full 2 GB although I understand this will
only recognize 1.5 GB until I install OS X (I have Tiger).
Cut to the chase; I was told OS 9 would need to be installed before I could
install Tiger so I did that successfully. Now, when I try
to install iger I get a pop-up message indicating that there is an
application needed to initiate the install that isn't being found but
no reference to what that application is.

Does anyone have any Idea what's going on here or has had this problem
before who can give me some info on how to complete
 this upgrade?
Thanks...Fatwilly