[G4] G4 Sawtooth/Tiger Install

gifutiger gifutiger at gmail.com
Sun Feb 15 13:09:56 PST 2009

Greetings ( + )!( + )

Bill did you read "Everything You Need to Know to Install Tiger" from
oreilly:

http://oreilly.com/pub/a/mac/2005/04/29/tiger.html

Your problem might be your firmware revision level.
You'll find you Boot ROM Version by clicking on the "Apple" in the
upper left hand corner and select the "About This Mac" menu. When that
opens select the "More Info..." button and first window that opens
will have:

Hardware Overview:

   Model Name:	Power Mac G4 (AGP graphics)
   Model Identifier:	PowerMac3,1