[G4] What Have I Done To Deserve This

Eric Wood ewood at izoom.net
Mon Feb 16 19:32:19 PST 2009

Am 16.02.2009 um 21:22 schrieb Umar Stone:
> So while I get a Mac-Vac for the dust, what about backing up and
> totally reformatting my Mac, But I might just buy another
> Tower     .????????.

I know I'd grab a refurbished G5 tower if I had the mulah, although
it probably limits you to using PATA hard drives externally, as would
anything newer from Apple.

I do wonder what could cause mysterious little failures in a system
like you're describing. It's always terribly annoying when a problem
is intermittent and doesn't follow any logical course. And when a
system gets old enough, it starts getting tempting not to bother
hauling it into a shop. I don't think I've ever done that with one of
my own systems, though I've had many a problem occur over the years
with various models.

Eric W.