[G4] OS9 needs new ext hard drive

Skygram skygram at gmail.com
Wed Feb 13 10:39:27 PST 2013

Alan,

I suspect that we would need more info about your G4.

Here is a link to a site called Mac Lookup. You put in the last three digits
of your machine's serial number and they give you a tremendous amount of
detailed information about your Mac. Check it out.

http://www.everymac.com/

My question would whether or not your USB ports are USB2 or USB 1.1.

Next I would ask if you had left at least 10% free space on all your drives.
I normally give my drives even more breathing room with 20%. Otherwise
jammed up drives will slow your machine to a crawl. Music files can clog a
machine very quickly.

Bill