[HM] Re: New CarbonLib error message!!

Jack Honeycutt jhoneycutt at qwest.net
Thu Mar 6 09:11:50 PST 2003

At 08:36 AM 3/6/2003 -0800, you wrote:

>While I am sure you believe that nothing has changed on this machine,
>clearly Eudora has been upgraded. This seems like a newer version of
>Eudora that requires a newer version of CarbonLib. The version of
>CarbonLib that Eudora needs cannot be run on OS 8.1.
>
>You either need to:
>1. Upgrade to a newer OS, probably 9 or X
>2. Reinstall an older version of Eudora
>
>Does Eudora have an automatic update setting? Do you have more than on
>copy of Eudora on your machine?
>
>Clearly something on your system _has_ changed.
>
>  ...Duane

I agree with you.  I have changed nothing.  Eudora will not auto
update.  As a matter of fact, I can upgrade to 5.2 (for free) but have
not.  I am still running the old version, 5.1 that i first installed.  I
only have one version of Eudora on the machine.

Do you think it would do any good to erase Eudora and install it all again?

I have not dropped in a CD or a floppy or even surfed the internet that
much with this 'ol machine.  About all I do is fire it up and read my email
on it.

jack