[HM] Epson printer won't print after upgrade to 10.3

Jack Honeycutt jhoneycutt at qwest.net
Tue Aug 22 10:09:50 PDT 2006

At 09:52 AM 8/22/2006, you wrote:

>I inserted a new ink cartridge and it still the printing will still not start.

Jane....

I am sure you have done the following, but I will post this anyway...

I am guessing your printer is connected  via a USA port?  Is this the
same USB port you had the printer plugged into before?

Have you unplugged the printer and deleted all the drivers and any
reference to your printer?   Then rebooted.
After the computer has rebooted, you plug the printer in.  Will the
Mac OS ID install the correct driver for this printer?

If no, then re install your printer software.

I know that with drivers in Windows, sometimes you need to install
the hardware first, then the software.  And sometimes it is the other
way around;  you have to install the software then the hardware.  If
you mix that up,  sometimes the install fails. Does your
documentation say anything about this?

If the above fails,  you can delete your printer software again and
reboot with the printer  *not*  plugged into
the  computer.  Then,  plug the printer into the another USB port and
try it all over again.

I hope this helps.

jack