[HM] Application to record audio tracks that doesn't need a fast disk?!!

Michael Winter michael-winter at uiowa.edu
Tue Jan 24 12:49:43 PST 2006

On Jan 24, 2006, at 2:16 PM, ESTHER SUCRE wrote:

> I tried to run Cubase on my Powerbook G3 with OS9.2,
> but apparently it won't run properly on it because it
> needs a faster disk with 7200 RPMs, and this one is
> slower than that!.

Something's not right there, or I don't understand what you're doing.
I can capture DV (much higher bandwidth) to a 5400 rpm drive without
a problem. Real-time audio shouldn't even stress the slowest of
drives (unless you're talking many simultaneous tracks). Can you give
a little more info on why Cubase isn't working? Do you maybe not have
enough memory for it (I'm not familiar with the program)? How full is
your hard drive?

-Mike