How long does it take you to encode........

Dennis A. Amith [kndy] asunaro at inreach.com
Mon Nov 25 12:26:34 PST 2002

Greetings,

I'm currently at this moment making a 40 minute VCD via exporting it from
imovie to Quicktime and at first it said it would take 123 minutes to encode
and now it's up to 153 minutes.   Is this normal?  About 4-5 minutes, export
takes about 20 minutes, 10 minutes-export takes about 30-35 minutes.

I have a G4 700mhz, 1.5GB RAM and doing this on a 7200 RPM drive (the
project is located on this drive and I'm exporting the video on this same
drive).

I'm curious if I purchase this pyro firewire casing and another 7200 RPM
drive and use this drive to export, by how many minutes would I be saving in
the export?

Thanks in advance.

daa

---