[MacDV] Re: OT: 12" PowerBook and 1GHz 17" iMac owners need to see this

Daniel Beck danielbeck at mac.com
Sat Apr 5 15:13:50 PST 2003

On Sunday, April 6, 2003, at 07:10 AM, Juan M wrote:

> Many times, the stated 'max' for RAM is based on what was being
> manufactured at the time the PowerBook came out. I know some early
> iMacs could actually have more RAM than the stated 'Max.'

In the case of the Pismo (which I have), the listed max is half of the
true max. And I think it's for the reason you mentioned above. But some
clever manufactures figured out how to make lower profile chips that
could double the amount of RAM. So my Pismo has 1GB of RAM, despite
Apple's listed 512MB.

Of course, I have no idea if this would be the case with the newer
PowerBooks.

Daniel
Daniel Beck
danielbeck at mac.com