[MacDV] Re: Suggestions for sound capture at wedding

Scott Baldwin sbaldwin at san.rr.com
Thu Apr 10 16:00:37 PDT 2003

Actually there is another option for editing sound with video. Montage
by Arboretum software. This is a nice program with features and price
between iMovie and FCE.  Arboretum has been in the Mac audio business
for a number of years, and this program is designed to handle audio as
well as video.

iMovie is great, but after you use Montage you will never go back.
This program gives you that extra room to work with, and it is much
easier to assemble a movie from various clips and stills than iMovie.
It is everything you wish iMovie was.

For me the a big feature is the ability to have as many audio tracks as
you need.  It is 100 % cocoa native, and is very simple to learn.  It
imports and exports in a wide variety of formats.  It has some video
editing capabilities.

It requires a G4 and OS 10.2.

They plan to support audio units in the next upgrade, which means it
may be all you need to record and edit any audio, not just for video.

Check it out:

http://www.arboretum.com/products/montage/montage_main.html

There is a demo version available.  The program is $149.00.

Cheers,

Scott

p.s. No I don't work for them