[MacDV] Re: Audio in both speakers

Mark M. Florida markflo at mac.com
Mon Apr 14 07:38:27 PDT 2003

> On Saturday, April 12, 2003, at 08:26  PM, Sarah Skarsten wrote:
>
>> I dubbed the audio and video from a VHS tape to miniDV but my VCR only
>> has one audio plug for the RCA cable therefore when I put the video on
>> my computer it only comes out of one speaker and is not in stereo.  I'm
>> using iMovie 2 and I do not have any other software other than what my
>> iMac came with.
>>
>> My question is:  is there a way to make the audio come out of both
>> speakers in iMovie?  It doesn't have to create stereo sound - just the
>> same thing coming out of both speakers.
>>
>> Thanks for any help.
>>
>> Sarah
>>

> I know this is not what you want to hear, but you could try a "Y"
> connector on the end of the RCA cable from the VCR which would put it in
> both channels before it hits iMovie.
> Jim

Yeah, a "Y" adapter would be the easiest -- go to Radio Shack and get a
single female to double male RCA Y adapter.  It should make sense when you
see it.

Of course, you'll have to re-capture everything...

Is there a way to alter the balance in iMovie?  Or do a left/right channel
swap?  If so, you could add another audio track, duplicate the clip's audio
and then swap the channels so it's coming out of both speakers (dual mono).

- Mark