Scanning Photos

Charles Martin chasm at mac.com
Mon Apr 14 16:32:09 PDT 2003

> From: JuanM <juanm at mac.com>
>
> Very nicely done!!!
>

> On Tuesday, April 1, 2003, at 02:37 AM, Tim Shirey wrote:
>
>> Ps. - slightly off the subject... I just finished a fun video "home
>> school"
>> project with our 3 girls (ages 8, 10, 12).

I'd just like to add my congrats as well. A really wonderful and
creative project and the result looks great. Mr. Shirley's girls should
be very proud of themselves. More parents who have the necessary
equipment should try something like this.

On a related note, Apple had hosted (and may still do, can't find it at
the moment) some example video projects from the various school system
enlightened enough to be using iMovie etc.

Some of the projects were extremely clever, including a autobiography
of a girl from Russia who moved to the US, and the tale of a trio of
inner-city kids who figured out who to measure a flagpole via
triangulation, and more. There was a wealth of ideas that can be
adapted for kids everywhere.

You can see the current examples here:
http://www.apple.com/education/ilife/

_Chas_