[MacDV] Re: Disk fragmentation

Matthew Guemple mo.og at verizon.net
Wed Apr 16 10:27:13 PDT 2003

I agree. I did swear by it for years though, but then it went pear
shaped and would just seem to a) not work or b) screw things up, that
was of course when it would boot.

I'm not convinced that they have OSX under control yet either, since
they list their requirements as OS 10.1 and higher. The difference
between 10.1 and 10.2+ is fairly dramatic I think. To have something
not specifically tailored to reflect those changes is worrisome.

Knock on wood, I don't need anything like Norton right now, but know I
will eventually...

> Maybe I still have a bad taste in my mouth from the Mac OS 8.1 days
> when
> HFS+ first came on the scene.  Norton Utilities had MAJOR problems
> with the
> HFS+ format for YEARS...  Then there were issues with Mac OS 8.5, 8.6,
> 9.0,
> 9.1...  Not until version 5.0 did I even slightly trust Norton
> Utilities.
>
> I guess as long as you don't actually install all of the Norton crap
> on your
> system, and just boot from the CD to run the utilities, then you
> should be
> alright...  But then there's Mac OS X, which I don't think they've
> gotten
> under control yet...

Matthew Guemple
Art Director/03
mo.og at verizon.net
646.734.6601
www.gridd.com
http://www.creativehotlist.com/
index.asp?linkTarget=fullProfile.asp&indID=19599