[MacDV] Re: What Computer

BURTON Chris chris.burton at swift.com
Thu Apr 17 06:16:48 PDT 2003

Shirley,

I think the best way to go is to buy a used eMac, just as I did. That way you get a like new system that has already had the video
problem fixed. I paid $799 for mine (G4 700 version with Combo) and bought one of those $149 Cendyne 4x DVD-RW's .... I haven't had
a single problem with the system .. it's been so rock solid that I'd recommend it to anyone looking for a low cost DV system. Of
course the disk is getting close to full with all of my projects on it so I need to add a 120 GB external but hey that's the way it
goes.

Cheers!

Chris

ShirleyK wrote:

> I'd steer her just the opposite - either to the high-end iMac or even
> to a used G4 tower. What kind of camera does she have? If it's a Canon,
> she may have trouble working with an external drive, so she'd be better
> off with the tower where she can gradually add more hard disks. Have
> her check out Small Dog; they recently got a bunch of refurbished units.
>
> I'd certainly avoid the eMac, given all the problems people have
> reported with them.
>
> Shirley
>
> On Wednesday, April 16, 2003, at 03:41  PM, Daniel Beck wrote:
>

> > On Thursday, April 17, 2003, at 07:04 AM, Kathleen wrote:
> >
> >> My friend is buying an Apple computer because she wants to use
> >> iMovie, etc. Her 1st project done on my computer is over an hour. She
> >> wants to by the imac to keep costs down. Will that be sufficiant for
> >> her needs do you think? Any suggestions I should pass on to her?
> >
> > If her goal is to due low-cost video using iMovie, she may want to get
> > an eMac or the lowest iMac.
> >
> > Daniel
> > **************************
> > Daniel Beck
> > danielbeck at mac.com
> > http://homepage.mac.com/danielbeck/
> >
> > Tadayoshi Video Productions
> > dbeck at tvp.jp.com
> > http://tvp.jp.com
> > Video solutions in Tokyo
> >

> > ----------
> > <http://www.themacintoshguy.com/lists/MacDV.html>.
> > Send a message to <MacDV-DIGEST at themacintoshguy.com> to switch to the
> > digest version.
> >
> > XRouter | Share your DSL or cable modem between multiple computers!
> > Dr. Bott | Now $139.99      <http://www.drbott.com/prod/xrouter.html>
> >
> >   Cyberian   | Support this list when you buy at Outpost.com!
> >   Outpost    |         http://www.themacintoshguy.com/outpost.shtml
> >
> > MacResQ Specials: LaCie SCSI CDR From $99! PowerBook 3400/200 Only
> > $879! Norton AntiVirus 6 Only $19! We Stock PARTS!
> > <http://www.macresq.com>

> Send a message to <MacDV-DIGEST at themacintoshguy.com> to switch to the digest version.

S.W.I.F.T. s.c.r.l.

This e-mail and any attachments thereto may contain information that is confidential
and/or proprietary and is intended for the sole use of the recipient(s) named above.  It
is not intended to create or affect any contractual arrangements between the parties.  If
you have received this e-mail by mistake, please notify the sender and delete it
immediately. Thank you for your co-operation.