SIGS Off-Topic, read to bottom where I inquire about Radius Telecast Manuals and Diagrams.

Illovox Media illovox at oz.net
Fri Apr 18 14:30:59 PDT 2003

on 4/18/03 12:51 PM, Jim Asherman at jimash at optonline.net wrote:

>>> Please do not include your misguided attempts at political insight in
>>> your Macintosh Computing forum messages...

>> If it's in his sig, it's fine and not to be commented upon....
>
> Choosing a quote from a prominent Nazi as your personality identifier
> Could give people the wrong impression and some of us might find it,
> shall we say, generally insulting.

You don't get it.  In country with free speech, it doesn't matter if you are
insulted, nor if you get the "wrong" impression.  Your feelings are
irrelevant.  Free speech is free speech.  If you cannot and willnot abide by
the laws and constitution of America, GTH, but don't tell me, him or anyone
that it is "wrong" for him to speak whatever he wants.

>> Nothing wrong with taking issue or with a group dealing with multiple
>> camps of opinions either...freedom of speech.
>
> I am all for freedom of speech. Say what you mean . Don't hide behind
> the dead Nazis.

He said what he meant, I'm sure, and it's not for you to judge his intent.
He was not hiding behind anything, clearly.  Learn rhetoric, bub.  He is
making an ironic point that our government is using tactics similar to those
used by Nazi propagandists to achieve their ends.  It's an interesting and
thought provoking point.  You don't have to agree, but do not argue ad
hominum.  I could for example, argue with him that the Nazi's would have
demonized the Muslims, Afganies and Iraqies, while our president has made a
point again and again to America that he would not tolerate prejudicial
bigotry against any of those three groups, but that doesn't mean that he
hasn't hit upon a good conversation starter.  Nevertheless, it's in his sig,
which means all of this is better left for private discussion or for another
board, but NOT HERE.

> I would assume from the quote that Charles used that in fact he does not
> think that they deserve such liberation, and would be  happier to let
> them suffer. Not me.

You may assume that, but you don't know that.  In any case, wrong or not,
this opinion of yours does not preclude his right to post whatever he wants
on his sig.

>> we'll have to lump you in with all those...militia maniacs...

> I am hardly a militia maniac. More like an Animaniac.
> I will quote our current president, whom I did not vote for and am no
> big fan of, " Let us fight them with soldiers instead of firemen".
> And one from my mother,  " I prefer OUR liars to their liars"  Thanks
> mom.

Quote who you want.  It's your right...in your sig.  But on this list we
only talk about MacDV, except in our sigs.

To that end, anybody here using a Radius Telecast set up?  I just got one to
noodle with and could really use set up diagrams and manuals.  The cards
seem to have DAV connectors or some such that I have no idea what to do
with.  I could also use the drivers and Fusion editors and effects software
that came with it.