[MacDV] Transferring .mov files from mac to pc

Liz Hincks liz at zolabola.com
Sat Apr 19 06:47:43 PDT 2003

Hi everyone,

I am using imovie to create some quicktime files.  I wanted to move these
files over to the PC where I have cleaner to create real media files for the
web.

I have a server on the network ...but once I copy the 4 gig file to the
server, I can't open it with the mac or the pc (says quicktime can't
recognize it)

Basically, what is a good way to get these huge files transfered between a
mac and a pc?

I have an external firewire drive ...could I copy them on to that from the
mac and then plug the firewire drive into the pc and be good to go?

(i would need to buy a firewire card for the pc ...but that is do-able)

any help is appreciated!
thanks,

Liz Hincks

http://www.zolabola.com