AIF metronome effect

sb videovideo at mac.com
Mon Apr 21 21:59:54 PDT 2003

The beeping is telling you that you've got the wrong sample rate.

Check the item properties to see what you've got. It should be 48hz, 16bit,
stereo. Make sure your sequence settings are also 16 bit, 48hz.

To fix the audio sample rate (if that's what the problem is)

Open up itunes and in the Prefs set the importing to AIFF. Then click
Configuration and choose Custom, and set the sample rate to 16bit and
stereo. Click on OK.

Now, using iTunes, bring in that MP3 and convert it. Save it somewhere (the
default will be User/Music, but you can change it also in the in the iTunes
Prefs.

Now, go back to FCP3 and import the track again. There should be no beeping.

 sb