[MacDV] Re: A-D conversion of LPs

JM juanm at mac.com
Sun Apr 27 06:00:21 PDT 2003

I did a demo at my user group meeting just a couple of weeks ago of
doing just this. Turntable only, iMic and a Mac.

No pre-amp.

I was using Audio X shareware that was registered. Griffith has
software too but I didn't have it so I had purchased Audio X so I had
it handy.

(I am not a Griffin rep or any audiophile just someone who was asked by
a group member if I could get the iMic to work. After a little playing
with the settings in the System Preferences and in Audio X, it worked
fine.)

I actually tried it from my ancient big ole Pioneer receiver and it
worked too. I connected directly to the receiver. I think I had some
type of line level connector on the back of my receiver and from that
to the guy's iMic but since it works directly from the turntable, why
bother?

Others may have better technical advice.

Juan