A-D conversion in DV camcorder... any good?

patwilson at mac.com patwilson at mac.com
Sat Apr 26 19:29:01 PDT 2003

Sean,

I had been using a turntable connected through a normal audio receiver
to digitize my LPs. I connected a cable to the headphone jack on the
receiver and to the mic in on my Bondi iMac. There is a freeware
program (OS 9 only) that I've used to do the digitizing. I think it is
called SoundRecorder. Anyway, the resulting digitized MP3s came out
sounding pretty good, considering the condition of some of those old
records.

Previous to doing it this way, I had used the AV inputs on my 8500 in
the way that you had, with a preamp in line with the turntable. Both
methods seemed to be about the same good quality.

My $.02 about another way to bring in the music.

Pat