A-D conversion of LPs

Charles Martin chasm at mac.com
Sun Apr 27 20:17:35 PDT 2003

> From: Dorothy Hennings <hennings at verizon.net>
>
> I thought I read someplace a month or so ago that one could connect a
> turntable to a Griffin iMike audio interface and then thru USB to
> computer without the need for a preamp. Can anyone comment?

That might have been me, and I could have sworn I just reposted that
info on this list recently. Maybe it was on another list. Oh well.

No, you don't need a preamp. You need the free Final Vinyl software
from Griffin, and an iMic and a turntable. That's it.

_Chas_

"[Commercial] radio is absolutely the enemy of music. They  are my
sworn and mortal enemy, and I will have nothing to do with them." -
Elvis Costello, March 2003