MAC OS X Panther?

Charles Martin chasm at mac.com
Sun Apr 27 20:15:50 PDT 2003

> Subject: [MacDV] Re: MAC OS X Panther?
> From: Thubten Kunga <Kunga at FutureMedia.org>
>
> 970 Macs, which will ship with Panther, will run all the current
> 32-bit=20=
>
> software however faster the motherboard architecture will push it.

Malarkey and rubbish. I really wish you'd label this stuff
"speculation" since you DO NOT KNOW WHAT YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT.

>  Then=20=
>
> 64-bit recompiled versions of all our software will run twice as
> fast=20
> as that.

Again, wrong.

>  Panther will just run in 32-bit mode on pre-970 Macs.

Duh. That's because all pre-970 Macs are 32-bit computers.

>  Panther=20=
>
> should let us run the software we have now on all the G4 Macs. As to
> if=20=
>
> it will run on G3 Macs, that's an open question that should be
> answered=20=
>
> at the developer's conference end of June in SF.

First accurate thing you've said.

>  My own guess is that=20
> Panther won't run on G3 Macs. But this is purely a guess and not
> backed=20=
>
> up by any technical knowledge.

Thank you for finally labeling something you've said as a guess. The
problem is, your entire post is a guess.

I mean, if you want to pull WAGs out of your butt, that's fine. You
might even end up being right, who knows. But to post it as fact when
you know nothing of the kind for certain is irresponsible. Not everyone
on this list knows you have a bad habit of making stuff up and
pretending it's real. You are fostering confusion, fear and doubt.

Do you by chance work for Microsoft?

_Chas_

New at http://filmmoi.blogspot.com - a review of the Disney documentary
"The Sweatbox." Check it out!