[MacDV] Re: AE Stupid question...probably

Matthew Guemple mo.og at verizon.net
Tue Apr 29 14:01:40 PDT 2003

Yeah my bad.
640X480
29.7 fps...
Full/Best
No compression.

I'm just rendering this stuff out for a preview and it's clunky at
full-size on my machine. I guess that is a compression issue...
When I'm ready to actually do something with this... show it to a
client... I figured I worry about compression etc then.
I'll assume its a compression issue and go from there...
I was just worried it was a rendering issue... ie files on the "home"
drive or something like one can get with FCP.
Thanks

On Tuesday, April 29, 2003, at 04:50 PM, Ron Woodland wrote:

> More information is needed -- frame size, frame rate, codec used,
> quality level, and data rate settings, etc.  There's no free lunch
> here.  Uncompressed video is upwards of 30 MB of throughput per
> second.  Obviously compression and real-time decompression is how
> video streaming is being done now.  The local hard drive can deliver
> full-frame, full-motion video using some compression, the artifacts
> from which are noticeable to the trained eye.  For CD-ROMs, DVDs, and
> web streaming even more compromises in quality have to be made.  Newer
> codecs, such as Sorenson and the MPEGs (1, 2, and 4) have changed the
> trade-off curve, but there are still trade offs to be made.
>
> Ron Woodland
> St. George, Utah
>

> On Tuesday, April 29, 2003, at 12:29  PM, Matthew Guemple wrote:
>
>> I'm sure this is basic and covered ad nasuem but...
>> It seems every time I render a QT (compression none) of whatever I'm
>> doing, the playback always locks-up/stutters at some point (often at
>> transitions or effects)
>> I know I am forgetting something basic...
>> WHAT IS IT!??? It's driving me crazy...
>> tia
>> ________________
>> Matthew Guemple
>> Art Director/03
>> mo.og at verizon.net
>> 646.734.6601
>> www.gridd.com
>> http://www.creativehotlist.com/
>> index.asp?linkTarget=fullProfile.asp&indID=19599
>>

> ----------
> digest version.
>
> XRouter | Share your DSL or cable modem between multiple computers!Dr.
> Bott | Now $139.99      <http://www.drbott.com/prod/xrouter.html>

> $879!Norton AntiVirus 6 Only $19! We Stock PARTS!
> <http://www.macresq.com>

Matthew Guemple
Art Director/03
mo.og at verizon.net