[MacDV] Re: Strange Windows file ending

Mark M. Florida markflo at mac.com
Wed Apr 30 12:16:52 PDT 2003

> On Mittwoch, April 30, 2003, at 08:33  Uhr, Jim Asherman wrote:
>
>> Try opening the movie in "Windows Media Player". Might work.
>> JIm
>>

> I did. This is the answer I got: "Cannot play back the file. File
> format invalid."

My guess (having never used Windows Movie Maker) is that the .MSWMM file
would be the equivalent of an iMovie project file -- pretty much useless
outside of the computer it was created on...  (without going to great
lengths to include all appropriate source media, etc.)

Just have her export the movie to AVI format using the Cinepak codec --
pretty universal -- QuickTime can open those no problem.  Or even to a
Windows Media format that the Mac version of Windows Media Player can open.

Hope that helps.

- Mark