Screwed up Acrobat... Wants to Launch Classic-Help Please

Rod Duncan roduncan at telus.net
Wed Apr 30 12:45:18 PDT 2003

Recently I upgraded to Acrobat Reader 5.1. I must have had Classic
loaded when I did or something, 'cause now when I save to a PDF in
the print dialogue box it creates a generic icon document that when
opened wants to launch Classic to try and find Acrobat.

I can force the  generic PDF document to open by using the installed
the Reader in OSX and then re-saving it as a PDF file. It then
creates a proper OSX PDF icon and document which opens properly in
OSX.

I re-installed Acrobat Reader etc. all to no avail. (Without Classic
running) I also dumped the Acrobat prefs in OSX. Obviously I didn't
get them all or it's something else. What am I missing? It worked
properly before this most recent "user-created"  Acrobat Reader
upgrade fiasco.

Thanks in advance to all the "Help" that is coming.
Hopefully.

Rod