[MacDV] (OT) System crashes...

Fabian Ius Fabian_Ius at edu.yorku.ca
Fri Jul 4 05:24:51 PDT 2003

> An opaque curtain drops down the screen with the message (in several languages):
> You need to restart your computer. Hold down the Power key for several seconds or press the Restart button.
> 00:03:93:A5:7D:98
> 192.168.000.002

I received that message a couple of times...

in my experiences (the most recent incident occured yesterday afternoon), I would have an external ADS 911 Firewire drive mounted in Jaguar, iMovie3 would launch, and I would then turn on the camera.  Poof !  Kernel panic/system freeze/system crash,
whatever you want to call it.  Has occurred 3 times since March.

It hasn't occured when I have an ADS 900 case connected nor an MCE Firebay, nor a no-name external Firewire case.

Sometimes I turn on the camera before launching iMovie3.0.3, it hangs forever, and ever, and... I impatiently turn off the camera and iMovie3 launches immediately, regardless of the length of the movie currently loading in iMovie3.  Has not occured when
launching iMovie2.

My TRV900 is connected directly to the Mac and the external case/s connected to the 2nd Firewire port on the Mac.

Dual MDD 1.25 GHz
1.25 GB RAM
10.2.6
(I Repair Disk Permissions constantly)