The 90 minute limit?

KathyMac! Mac4Music at MusiCareOnline.org
Wed Jul 23 13:36:37 PDT 2003

Hi all,

I am creating my first DVD. Have a dual 1ghz MDD G4 Tower with
SuperDrive and  22" Display.

My first project is to transfer my Columbia House VHS collection of
Roseanne TV shows to DVD. Each VHS holds 4 episodes. This comes out to
be 5 or 10 minutes over the 90 minute limit of iDVD.

Without editing the shows, is there a way around this yet? I would like
to put all 4 episodes on 1 DVD. Not 3 on one disc and 1 on another.

What if I build the file in iDVD....can I then burn it from say DVD
Studio Pro instead (which I understand does not have the 90 time
limit?) or do I have to actually BUILD it in DVDSP first and skip iDVD
altogether?

If I choose to get DVDSP to do my work (and I really don't want to) is
there anything special I need to know about creating my file in iMovie
3? How is it then exported for burning in DVDSP?

I sure wish that Toast 6 was out about now....but then again, will it
also have a 90 minute time limit?

Any help on this 90 minute limit would be appreciated. Work arounds for
how to build these files, which programs to use, and so on....

Thanks so much..

KathyMac